You are here: Forums

WWPToday Chat

All posts will be screened by the moderator for compliance with our rules. This forum is open for public discussions ONLY. Forum rules are available here. You may contact wwptoday with any questions here. Your registered username will appear as the poster.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Hershey Park vs. Dorney Park
#2 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2006 9:16:30 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I haven't been to either of those in a long time but from what I do remember, Hershey Park seemed much bigger than Dorney. Hershey also had the Chocolate Factory to tour. Dorney is actually 2 parks in one. There is the dry side: Dorney Park and the wet side: Wild Water Kingdom. If you want to do a lot of water stuff I would suggest Dorney. If you want to do more regular rides try Hershey. Spend time exploring their websites to see how they promote themselves. Have fun!
#3 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2006 9:16:30 AM(UTC)

Dorney has a large water park, while Hershey has a pretty fun tour of the chocolate factory. Hershey has more to do if your children are not very into the rides.
#4 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2006 9:16:30 AM(UTC)

We took a trip to Dorney Park not too long ago and enjoyed it more than Hershey for that age group. I found Dorney Park to be far more family oriented and the "clientele" seemed that way as well.
#1 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2006 4:37:47 PM(UTC)

Does anyone have any recommendations on either Hershey or Dorney Park? My daughters are six years old and we want to do an amusement park trip this year, apart from the obvious choice of Six Flags. I would love to hear any pros/cons for either park. Many thanks!
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2006 9:16:30 AM(UTC)

I personally like Dorney better. They split the park into a water world side and a regular no-water side. It's very convenient since if you go on a hotter day, you can hit the waterpark first, have your water fun, then hit the other side of the park for the rest of the day and by the time you're ready to go home, the whole family has dried off and no need for towels in the car.
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2006 4:33:53 PM(UTC)

Dorney is gross. We lived up that way for years and I went maybe twice and couldnt stand it any more especially in the summer months. They bussed people in from all over it seemed to the park. Hersey is much cleaner and more family oriented.....just my opinion.
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2006 10:23:05 AM(UTC)

Hersehy Park hands down. The park is beautiful and I always found it very family oriented. They have a kiddie section just for the smaller kids. They have dolphin shows and a theatre that puts on little skits (musical) all within the park. Of course they have a terrific tour of the chocolate factory with a HUGH gift shop. When we first starting going my kids were 3 and 6, now they are 11 and 8 and we still love it. Have fun.
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 12:20:21 PM(UTC)

Quote:
Hersehy Park hands down. The park is beautiful and I always found it very family oriented. They have a kiddie section just for the smaller kids. They have dolphin shows and a theatre that puts on little skits (musical) all within the park. Of course they have a terrific tour of the chocolate factory with a HUGH gift shop. When we first starting going my kids were 3 and 6, now they are 11 and 8 and we still love it. Have fun.
HP is more for the older kids, though they do have nice kids rides. DP is more for the younger ones, and might be a better choice for a summer park. BUT, I would highly recommend you take a trip down HP on December. They open the park and it's a pay per ride, so kids can go on rides, but adults can stay back and watch... And they decorate the town and park in Xmas decor... My .02...
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 5:02:26 PM(UTC)

Hershey was so much better. Our family did both. There is much more to see and do in the surrounding area too. Plus, Hershey has the Giant Center where they hold shows, concerts etc. You can get discount tickets at Dunkin Donuts too. Dorney wasn't as nice, it's smaller and the surrounding area doesn't offer much for the children. We do Hershey every other summer. The have Zoo America there as well. Much cleaner park and nice crowd.
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2006 9:40:28 PM(UTC)

Hershey hands down. Dutch Wonderland for the tots. Dorney is small crowded and dirty and generally overrun by "city" kids.
#11 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2006 12:53:24 PM(UTC)

What's wrong with city kids? Who cares where someone comes from? I find your implication disgusting and reeking of classism. So much for the notion of everyone being treated equally. Get off your high horse and take a look at yourself. I'd rather hang out with a bum from Philly than you. At least they have no pretensions of grandeur!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed