You are here: Forums

WWPToday Chat

All posts will be screened by the moderator for compliance with our rules. This forum is open for public discussions ONLY. Forum rules are available here. You may contact wwptoday with any questions here. Your registered username will appear as the poster.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Notification

Icon
Error

oil tank replacement
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2006 6:28:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Any suggestions on who to contact for an oil tank replacement? Thanks for your help.
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:19:25 PM(UTC)

Quote:
Any suggestions on who to contact for an oil tank replacement? Thanks for your help.
Don't use SSG Barco. We contracted with Petro for our underground oil tank removal and basement oil tank installation and they subcontracted the job to SSG Barco. It was a nightmare - the Barco guys definitely tried to take us for a ride. They forced us to pay on the spot for soil testing (which we never got results of) and completely tore up our front yard with their equipment. You might want to talk to your oil supplier to find out what will happen if you have a new tank installed by a company other than theirs. Petro is our oil company, but we contacted Princeton Oil for pricing. Princeton told us that if we got the tank from them but had oil delivered from another company, they wouldn't provide any type of service for the tank. We went with Petro because we have a service contract with them and thought it would be best to have the equipment and oil from the same company. We didn't know they would subcontract the job or to whom the job would be given until after we signed the contract and paid the deposit. Had we known, we could have researched Barco and made a better decision. Good luck!
#3 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2006 11:19:25 PM(UTC)

I am currently dealing with a guy from Statewide Environmental Services. His name is Brendt. You can contact him at 908-938-8035. He did not remove my tank but has been working with me for the soil remediation. Yes, the old one leaked - yuck! Anyway, he has been very accomodating and straightforward. Please take him under consideration.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2006 11:19:25 PM(UTC)

Migh I suggest you contact Statewide Environmental Services. It is a small company run by Brendt. He did not remove my oil tank, but has been most helpful with the remediation. Yep, my tank had leaked.....yuck. He is very knowledgable and accomodating to work with. He can be reached at 908-938-8035. The company that did remove my tank was SSG-Barco. Their number is 732-422-4497, ask for Bonnie. The were easy to work with as well. Pricewise.....I believe you might be better off with Brendt since he is the owner-operator and a smaller company. Good Luck.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:42:14 AM(UTC)

I used SSG-Barco for my tank and thought they were fantastic. They really knew their stuff and left my yard looking pretty darn good considering they had to rip an oil tank out of there. I would recommend them to anyone.
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2006 9:11:40 PM(UTC)

Switch to natural gas. The plumber that hooks up your gas line can sub to someone to take out the tank.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed