You are here: Forums

WWPToday Chat

All posts will be screened by the moderator for compliance with our rules. This forum is open for public discussions ONLY. Forum rules are available here. You may contact wwptoday with any questions here. Your registered username will appear as the poster.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Notification

Icon
Error

PSE&G Worry Free Contract- WARNING
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2007 8:03:04 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
FYI For the past 3 years I have been paying for PSE&G's Worry Free Contract on various appliances including my airconditioner. Sure enough my AC wasn't working properly so I called PSE&G for service only to be told that they DO NOT SERVICE OR REPAIR MY MODEL! Why I wasn't informed of this when I signed up I don't know. The kicker, they will only refund up to one year of my money. If you have this service check to see if they are ripping you off too!
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:39:13 PM(UTC)

Take them to small claims court for breach of contract. You paid for a service contract and they aren't honoring the contract or refunding the price paid.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:39:13 PM(UTC)

I feel ripped off too. I had my hot water heater on the contract- it went- i was under the impression that they would replace it reasonably- ended up being cheaper to buy it myself and have it installed.
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 9:06:48 PM(UTC)

Quote:
I feel ripped off too. I had my hot water heater on the contract- it went- i was under the impression that they would replace it reasonably- ended up being cheaper to buy it myself and have it installed.
I had the same thing happen with my water heater, it was significantly cheaper to buy my own at Lowes!
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 5:32:48 AM(UTC)

We also feel same way. I called them to install brand new digital programmable thermostat (Honeywell). The PSE&G guy comes and when I gave him the thermostat to install. He asks "why do you want to replace". I told him that it is digital and easy set up and probably more accurate than current 10 year old mechanical programmable thermostat. He refused to install stating that there is nothing wrong with the current thermostat hence they cannot replace. ...contract does not allow changing existing equipment if it is working. The contract only covers if something was wrong! I replaced the thermostat my self. On positive note: The contract is useful only when your home heater stops working and the temperature is below freezing outside. They will come quickly and fix it. It happened to us when we were traveling abroad. My parents were at home with my son. They called PSE&G and reported the problem. They came promptly and fixed whatever was wrong with the furnace.
#5 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2007 10:35:51 AM(UTC)

If you read your contract you would know what it covers and doesn't cover. I have then for most of my appliances and We are very happy your water heater is not cover if the rust or there just plan old and need replaceing. I ask question when I add something else to my contract. Knowledge is a wonderful thing ask before you buy get names and dated and times then you have a leg to stand on.
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 12:33:54 PM(UTC)

We have had the contract for about 5 years now and have been very pleased. I find when they do the repairs, they do them properly and will wait to get the right part if they don't have it (this is for all our appliances and our furnace as well). WE have had them replace one thermostat because it stopped working (about 20 years old) and we asked them to replace the other which was working. THey reiterated the agreement and did not replace the working one. We were a little disappointed, but really they were 100% right. I appreciate the fact that they have no vested interest in suggesting exhorbitant repairs. We recently called them about our furnace as it was making some bizarre noises. When the guy came, of course it did nothing strange. He waited and finally it did make the noises. Again, the furnace is approx 20 years old. He said he thought it was the motor and he would go get the part and replace it. He did that and it is fine. He could have told us the furnace was irrepairable, and we likely would have acted on that. They have no financial interest either way really so I appreciate the service GREATLY.
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 9:10:56 PM(UTC)

PSE&G will also come promptly if you don't have a contract. I had them replace a control relay on my furnaces. They try to come quickly if you have a no heat situation. I don't know if people with the contract get special treatment. The response time in my cases was quick.
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 9:10:56 PM(UTC)

Quote:
We also feel same way. I called them to install brand new digital programmable thermostat (Honeywell). The PSE&G guy comes and when I gave him the thermostat to install. He asks "why do you want to replace". I told him that it is digital and easy set up and probably more accurate than current 10 year old mechanical programmable thermostat. He refused to install stating that there is nothing wrong with the current thermostat hence they cannot replace. ...contract does not allow changing existing equipment if it is working. The contract only covers if something was wrong! I replaced the thermostat my self. On positive note: The contract is useful only when your home heater stops working and the temperature is below freezing outside. They will come quickly and fix it. It happened to us when we were traveling abroad. My parents were at home with my son. They called PSE&G and reported the problem. They came promptly and fixed whatever was wrong with the furnace.
Their contract does not cover the replacing of a thermostat that's working. That is something you should have done yourself first or asked before the service call. Their contract covers things that are not working or failed. It does not cover replacing items such as a water heater that can't be fixed or a boiler/furnace that can't be fixed. The only valid complaint is the first poster who should have been told what brands AC they do and do not cover.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed